Piggybacking on Allie’s recent post, because after all this space is a collaboration of us three, my word to live by for 2016 is *Balance*. I am notoriously an all or nothing lady. A trait I was lucky enough to inherit from my father. Some classic examples:
- From working out everyday for two months to no workouts for three months straight.
- From working 80+ hour weeks with no time for play to going to work and internet surfing for three days in a row.
- From regularly scheduling catch up calls with friends and family (or constant online chats and emails while invested in the later half of no. 2) to cutting off all communication for months.
This is my year of balance. Not just work life balance but ALL balance.
While I can’t commit to putting my life at risk on wobbly chairs stacked on top of a high rise… I can pledge to to the following:
- 2016 is the year I find balance between my hobbies and my to-do’s.
- 2016 is to balancing old friends with new.
- 2016 is to balancing my financial budget.
- 2016 is to finding a perfect balance where Sunday nights are enjoyed with a feeling of calm rather than anxiety over what SHOULD have gotten done.
Here is to balance. Now. I better wrap up this post I am writing while at work and start devoting to this word!